As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
The Pilot functions as the Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of the company’s aircraft, on both Domestic and International missions, to safely, efficiently and effectively support the execution of the company's strategic business imperatives.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
License or Certification:
- FAA ATP Multi-Engine License
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated extensive professional pilot experience
- Holds one multi-engine jet type specific rating
- Total flight time: 4,000 hours
- Jet PIC time: 500 hours
- Multi-engine: 2,000 hours
- Instrument flight rules: 400 hours
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Frequent outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to hazardous and volatile materials.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Irregular workday and flexibility of schedule is a requirement of position.
- Satisfactory background, drug and reference checks.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2229947