The Therapy Team leader assists the Director of Therapy Operations in day to day operations of a therapy team or discipline. The position requires effective supervisory skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships; and competency in licensed discipline evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment. The Therapy Team Leader must delegate and supervise tasks of therapist assistants and technicians; assist with staffing, scheduling, orientation, training and communications to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments; and maintain open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met. This position typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 80% - 90% of work hours.
The Therapy Team Leader helps create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance, and being responsible for the operation of the department, to include measurement, assessment, and continuous improvement. The Team Leader helps staff improve their clinical skills, and overall performance, through staff development and mentoring.
Job Code: 100019
License or Certification:
- Current State license as a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program, required. Additional training with a Master's or Doctorate's degree in either professional or management area is preferred.
- A minimum of three year's discipline-specific or leadership experience required, with no less than 2 years being clinical.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty professional certification, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 20180 Chasewood Park Drive, Houston 77070
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2229953