The Infection Preventionist/Employee Health Coordinator/ manages, implements and evaluates the Infection Control Program and is responsible for developing and monitoring the employee health program. Additionally, this role coordinates the Workers' Compensation program. This role has the authority of the Medical Staff and Governing Body to take necessary steps to prevent and/or control the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents in the patient, staff, and visitor populations. The Infection Preventionist acts on behalf of hospital leadership to prevent the spread of infections throughout the hospital. The Infection Preventionist has authority to implement and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures, protocols and other requirements relating to Infection Control and Prevention The Medical Executive Committee authorizes the IP to take any actions necessary (within the limits of standard practice) to prevent the outbreak and spread of infection. In so doing and to the extent possible, the Infection Preventionist shall consult with the Medical Director, the Centers for Disease Control and all federal, state and local health districts that may have jurisdiction. This role is responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of hospital acquired infections, educating employees about infection control, developing organizational infection control and employee health standards that meet regulatory and accrediting guidelines.
License or Certification:
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred); Basic Life Support (CPR) instructor certification preferred
- Current license or registration certification applicable to health-related field.
- Completed post-secondary education in a health-related field including but not limited to medicine, nursing, laboratory technology, public health, or biology.
- Demonstrated knowledge or job experience in Workers' Compensation law and OSHA regulations
- Training in infection control and/or epidemiology
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) preferred
- 1 year experience in a clinical setting in field of practice
- Experience in acute hospital infection control practice preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 101 East Florida Avenue, Melbourne 32901
Job ID: 2230584