The Security Guard is responsible for performing security functions and safety and engineering inspections of the hospital. The position may be subject to emergency or crisis situations.
Job Code: 100576
License or Certification:
- Current driver’s license in state employed and acceptable driving record according to company policy.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Two (2) years experience as security officer preferred
- Familiarity with physical operations of healthcare hospital
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Telephone, keys, clock/watch, flashlight, meters, gauges, control switches, thermometers, various hand held tools (i.e., adjustable wrenches, screw drivers, hammer, tape measure, paint brushes, etc.)
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 100 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 2050 Versailles Road, Lexington 40504
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 2231316