As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
The Flight Scheduler serves as the central point of contact for customers and Aviation department personnel regarding all aircraft scheduling related requirements. The position is primarily responsible for the scheduling and management of all flight related requests including the scheduling of passengers, crew, aircraft (corporate/charter), and related services such as catering, rental cars, hotel rooms, and any other travel requests as needed. Additionally, this position is also responsible for general administration of the flight scheduling and reporting software including data entry, auditing, and generating report queries as requested.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Schedules and manages all flight and flight related travel requests.
- Communicates with pilots, executive assistants and various support personnel to ensure complete and accurate comprehension corporate flight schedule.
- Works with various corporate staff organizations to schedule air travel in support of large, high-level group functions (Board Meetings, Executive Retreats, Senior Staff, and Team Meetings) that require the simultaneous utilization of the entire corporate fleet and/or supplemental aviation resources.
- Coordinates catering, accommodations and ground transportation requests as appropriate for the flight.
- Monitors flight and duty time limitations of flight crews utilizing the flight scheduling software and advises the Chief Pilot if trips will exceed limits.
- Coordinates aircraft availability with maintenance.
- Advises flight crews, executive assistants, and passengers of trip changes, delays, cancellations due to weather or mechanical difficulties, etc.
- Ensures the passenger manifests are correct.
- Provides administrative assistance for the Aviation function as required.
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Schedule and dispatch license preferred
- Familiar with international operations to include:
- Cabotage rules, landing permits, over flights
- Customs and Immigration
- Familiar with domestic operations to include:
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Fixed Base Operators
- Familiar with:
- Standard Industry Fare Level
- Concepts included in the Encompass Health Aviation Operations Manual
- Personal use of corporate aircraft tax implications
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2231910