This position is for Nevada and California hospitals only.
The Certified Nursing Assistant I assists rehabilitation nurses with rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation treatment and patient care.
- Performs tasks as delegated by and supervised by rehabilitation nurses.
- Maintains open and an on-going communication with coworkers and supervisors.
The Certified Nursing Assistant I supports an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping to provide patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 101354
License or Certification:
- CNA license or certification required as the state requires.
- CPR certification required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 35470 Whitewood Road, Murrieta 92563
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2232687