Ensure a great patient experience
In your role as director of therapy operations, you’ll have an extraordinary opportunity to be the connection between confident leadership and patient outcomes that set the standard. Maximize your impressive healthcare background, strong management abilities and relationship-building capacity to guide a passionate, talented team that delivers the exceptional care essential to a lasting recovery. Make a more meaningful professional impact with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Organize, develop, direct and supervise all aspects of therapy operations, including inpatient and outpatient therapy as well as other services.
• Take responsibility for the operation of the department and be the motivational leader for staff to continually improve performance.
• Develop special clinical programs to provide the highest quality of care possible.
• Ensure that staffing and scheduling provide adequate coverage for patient treatments.
• Represent Therapy Operations in hospital meetings and participate as a key member of hospital leadership.
• Prepare and monitor financial and budgeting concerns for all therapy departments.
• Provide clinical direction for evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment of a wide variety of clinical diagnoses.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive, diverse work environment and culture.
• Current state licensure in physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech-language pathology required.
• CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
• Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited therapy program essential.
• Additional training with a master’s or doctor’s degree in either a professional or management area preferred.
• Five or more years of rehabilitation experience, including two or more years in management required.
• Effective management and communication skills essential.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Address: 1600 37th Street, Vero Beach 32960
Job ID: 2232949