COOK - PART TIME WEEKENDS - Saturday, Sunday, Monday (8-hour shifts)
BE THE CONNECTION at Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital in Worcester, MA 01602.
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital located in Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
The Cook prepares, seasons and cooks regular and therapeutic diets for patients, employees, visitors and special functions.
- Follows menus, recipes, and oral instructions in the preparation of various foods.
- Properly displays food on the serving line or on platters for banquets.
- Serves appropriate portion sizes based on menu specifications.
- Plans timing of preparation of the food to ensure food satisfaction.
- May assist in ordering the inventory of food/supplies, as needed.
- Prepares daily food production reports for submission to supervisor as needed.
- Prepares or directs distribtuion of food to units as required.
- Monitors and records refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Monitors and records temperatures on patient and cafeteria steam table.
- Performs all cleaning responsibilities as assigned and maintains a clean workspace.
Job Code: 100069
License or Certification: - Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations) Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience: - Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable. - Knowledge of all A.A.C.C.P. guidelines, preferred. - Knowledge of food safety guidelines, preferred Machines, Equipment Used: - General office equipment, convection oven, mixer, steamer, gas range, grill, oven, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, meat slicer Physical Requirements: - Ability to sit, stand for long periods, reach, push, pull and lift minimum of 20 pounds, stoop and kneel - Ability to grasp and use fine finger movement, feel fine sensation to discern temperate and texture. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English. - Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner - Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal arenas as well as via email. - Ability to work independently without supervision. - Ability to ensure sanitation of department Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure - Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible - Hot and cold temperatures extremes - May work under stressful circumstances at times. Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster. - Regular attendance and reporting on time to work is a requirement of position.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2233501