Tremendous professional abilities
Tremendous impact on patient outcomes
Your role as human resources (HR) director enables you to be the connection between your strong professional and interpersonal abilities and the positive results and exceptional care patients receive. Apply your outstanding skills and knowledge in a different, more meaningful way while making the most of your unique combination of talent, passion and ambition with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Plan, organize and direct all aspects of human resources management to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, compliance with company policies, and manage legal aspects of employee/employer relationships.
• Direct the hospital recruitment and retention program to ensure availability of appropriate staffing resources.
• Serve as a resource to department managers and other employees.
• Coordinate the general education program for all staff in conjunction with the education coordinator/employee health nurse.
• Monitor employee health activities and workers’ compensation management.
• Assist with benefits administration and ensure documentation for regulatory compliance.
• Act as a liaison between corporate HR and hospital management.
• Four-year bachelor’s degree in personnel administration, hospital administration or a related field required OR equivalent experience on a year-for-year basis required.
• Three or more years of experience required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
• Computer proficiency, including Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Address: 4500 South Washington Street, Grand Forks 58201
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2233613