Under general direction, the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager (DE&I) coordinates development, implementation, evaluation, and enhancement of company’s DE&I program; facilitates meetings of the DE&I Council and its working sub-committees; plans, organizes, coordinates and provides support for diversity programs and activities; represents company at community events and outreach activities; and provides pertinent information and other relevant resources to managers, supervisors, and employees on DE&I programs, activities, and issues. The DE&I Manager is responsible for the development of the company’s DE&I website and all DE&I communications including the Annual Report. All efforts are intended to promote and advance the company’s commitment to diversity and multicultural awareness in all aspects of the company, in accordance with company strategic objectives. The Manager integrates these objectives in company’s day-to-day operations, activities, and interactions and performs related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Organizes programs/projects/activities to meet strategic goals of company diversity initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Diversity Council, sub-committees, and other internal/external resources.
- Seeks to carry out programs, establish program priorities, and formulate annual plans.
- Facilitates meetings of the Council and its sub-committees.
- Develops notices, agendas, reports, and supporting material prior to council meetings and events.
- Conducts research and analyzes best practices.
- Provides information and advice on program parameters, roles, and responsibilities.
- Provides support to generating relevant internal and external demographic reporting analysis.
- Formulates and recommends program enhancements.
- Maintains the coordination and scheduling of Diversity Council meetings and events.
- Maintains and updates resource information to Diversity SharePoint site.
- Assists in recruiting, selecting, and orienting Council members from diverse groups/backgrounds.
- Develops and maintains current information and events on the company Diversity website.
- Generates, tracks, and maintains diversity annual budget.
License or Certification:
- Certified Diversity Professional preferred
- Degree in HR Management or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of human resource management experience, at least 5 years involved in DE&I programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Requires knowledge of basic principles and practices applicable to organizational improvement/diversity programs, human resource management, and culture change interventions
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2233729