The Senior Project Manager, Construction provides project management for implementation of approved capital design and construction projects. This position provides construction guidance, support and oversight on corporate development projects and assists field operations during construction completion and project turnover. The Senior Project Manager reviews plans and specifications with contractors, subcontractors and vendors. This position reviews project schedules with EHC Home Office departments, contractors, and vendors. This position reports on status of projects, costs, and changes against the intended scope of work.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manages owner consultants, contractors and vendors through pre-construction, construction and post construction process.
- Assists in the required regulatory notifications and impact regarding project costs and schedules.
- Assists in analyzing estimates and quotes from general contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
- Assesses materials, labor and equipment required for a construction project to determine if scope of work is satisfactory for stated project goals.
- Provides budget and constructability feedback during pre-design process
- Responsible for site investigation on projects at existing facilities, to ensure that the pre-design represents a constructible plan that allows for ongoing unencumbered patient care.
- Leads and participates in coordination meetings with all internal and external team members.
- Makes necessary decisions on issues that arise.
- Monitors architect’s schedule and quality control process.
- Meets with state and local authorities to represent the company’s interest on project scope, design issues and code issues.
- Reviews with Preconstruction the final bids taken by the contractor that make up the final estimate for a project.
- Processes contracts and invoices at the appropriate time from architects, engineers and contractors, and compares to contract to ensure charges are legitimate.
- Visits construction sites approximately every four to six weeks or as needed. Most projects take between six to twenty-four months to build. During the course of a project, the site visits would include the following monitoring activities:
- Observe construction activity to verify conformance with the contract documents and quality of workmanship.
- Observe contractor’s field management personnel to verify the project is being properly and efficiently managed.
- Evaluate and monitor the contractor’s project planning and scheduling activities to verify the proper emphasis is placed on this area to achieve a timely completion.
- Follow-up and respond to coordination problems that routinely occur during installation of different systems.
- Maintain relations with and manage expectations of hospital administration.
- Should be expected to manage in excess of 10 project numbers with a total capital of $100 - $200 million.
***Position requires up to 25 - 30% travel
***Position must sit in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL and offers a hybrid schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction, Architecture or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in the construction field with strong emphasis in project management.
- 5 years of healthcare construction project management experience preferred.
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2233853