The Pharmacy Technician performs technical support functions in the department under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
More Specifically this position:
· Provides inventory control including the maintenance of drugs in the pharmacy according to the drug formula.
· Replaces medication including daily filling of med dispense machines with a 24 hour supply, utilizing a unite-dose system.
· Files and maintains required paperwork and reports regarding med cart, compounding log, drug inspection, expired med disposition, drug recalls, and technician activity.
The Pharmacy Technician creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Why work for us?
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here.
Who are we?
We are the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 100 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 26 states including Puerto Rico!
Depending on the hospital location you will have the opportunity to work in a 30-200 bed acute rehabilitation hospital providing quality care through a large group of healthcare professionals such as: Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical staff as well as non-clinical professionals all dedicated to returning our patients to the highest level of functioning possible.
With an average of 80% of our patients returning home, we are proud of the work we do. You could work anywhere, why not come to work knowing you are making a difference in someone’s life!
Learn more about being a part of this successful team!
Job Code: 100093
License or Certification:
- Certification and Registration as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the state
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in a pharmacy preferred
- General medical terminology is preferred
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 100 Baystate Drive, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2233939