Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Richmond, located at 5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond, VA 23226 is currently hiring for the role of Environmental Services Supervisor.
The Enviornmental Services Supervisor maintains the housekeeping and laundry services ensuring a safe, sanitary, and clean environment for all patients, visitors, and employees. The position organizes, supervises, and controls operations of the Environmental Services Department and upholds requirements, TJC, federal, state and local regulations.
The Environmental Supervisor supports the hospital mission, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff, and maintaining operations of the department. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Training and Years of Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous housekeeping experience. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Previous management, supervisory experience, preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- High duster, vacuum, mop, spray bottles, floor polisher, linen carts, trash carts
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Exposure to cleaning solvents & chemicals
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by Director.
Address: 5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond 23226
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2233965