The Nutrition Services Director plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the Nutrition Service Department for multiple hospitals, departments, and/or maintains the role of Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Service Manager. The position implements and supports policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staffing development and all other areas/departments of direct supervision and management. In addition, this position will provide administrative direction for therapeutic diets and assures that standard of care is met in accordance with all associate regulatory agencies and the administrative policies of the hospital. This position is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals.
Job Code: 100661
License or Certification:
- Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Academy of Nutrition or Executive Chef required.
- Current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred.
- Graduate of a Bachelor's degree program in Dietetics, Culinary Arts or related field preferred.
- Ten plus years healthcare food service experience, or 5 plus years of healthcare management experience required.
- Three to five years of healthcare clinical nutrition, or executive chef experience required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, administration and operation of hospital food services.
- Must have knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 200 pounds per cart.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity
Address: 1800 Heritage Boulevard, Midland 79707
Job ID: 2233993