The Dialysis Program Manager is independently responsible for directing, organizing, and developing the hospitals' hemodialysis program. In this role, the individual will implement policies and procedures to ensure safe and effective dialysis program, including supervising care, treatment, and overall patient care provided by dialysis staff. Additionally, this role serves as a representative for the dialysis program within hospital management, meetings, and through general education (in the hospital and community) and growth of the dialysis program within the hospital. In partnership with an interdisciplinary team, the Dialysis Program Manager will communicate and report patient concerns and changes with the clinical team, to include physicians, in a timely manner.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification
- ACLS within 1 year of hire
- CRRN certification preferred
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- One year of dialysis nursing experience preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Tablo dialysis machine
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 2 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn 01801
Job ID: 2234020