The Revenue Cycle Application Support Specialist, Senior will perform all of the functions of an entry-level support specialist and will be responsible for leading complex defect resolution and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responds to level 1 through level 3 incidents.
- Communicates with end users.
- Assists employees with technical troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots various applications.
- Follows standard support procedures.
- Determines and documents issues and resolutions.
- Understands and utilizes the company resource structure.
***This position is fully remote and some travel may be required.
Revenue Cycle Application Support Specialist, Senior requirements:
- Revenue cycle support specialists will have prerequisite functional knowledge in supporting or supervising one or more of the following revenue type applications:
- Interfacing to and from PAS-Patient Accounting Systems
- PAS-Patient Accounting Systems
- Third Party Billing/Revenue Clearing House
- Pharmacy Systems
- Home Health
- Revenue cycle support specialists will have prerequisite Health Care industry expertise in one or more of the following:
- Medical billing
- Health care provider revenue cycle
- Clinical coding
- Financial management
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree or Undergraduate degree recommended.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Technical certification (e.g., Microsoft Office Specialist, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, PeopleSoft People Tools Certification, Microsoft Certified Engineer, CompTIA A+, etc) is preferred but not required.
- Experience in:
- Executing standard troubleshooting procedures
- Providing support services to end users
- Tracking and reporting defects and issues
- Documenting issues and resolutions
- Troubleshooting basic IT infrastructure and application components
- Expertise with regulatory compliance:
- Privacy and Security
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2234056