The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for the execution of audits underlying the company’s internal audit and controls program. The Manager develops audit procedures to assess financial, operational and information technology internal controls to safeguard company resources and ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Manager and audit staff under his/her supervision make recommendations for improvement of controls and processes to ensure risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable Encompass Health’s objectives and goals to be met.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Independently identifies and effectively documents, evaluates, and assesses business processes.
- Identifies and implements improvements for the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
- Independently designs and applies appropriate sampling techniques.
- Recognizes the need for CAATs and makes the appropriate conclusions based on analyses performed.
- Adheres to standards as set forth in the Audit Manual.
- Uses general and specific knowledge of business/financial/business concepts to be effective.
- Independently competent in risk and control assessment.
*** Position must sit in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama
*** May be required to travel up to 15%
*** Hybrid schedule offered after probationary period
License or Certification:
- CPA, CIA, CISA or applicable professional certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with a combination of public accounting, corporate (medium or large) and Internal Audit/IT Audit experience
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Broad working knowledge of auditing techniques, auditing standards, and risk assessment approaches
- Experience in business risk assessment, and development and execution of audit plans
- Knowledge and experience in the review of business processes, including system implementation (if applicable), process reengineering and implementation of controls
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, email)
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2234115