Extra attention to detail
BE THE CONNECTION.
Your role as a HIMS Coder lets you be the connection between dedication to detail and patient outcomes that exceed expectations. Use your passion for rehabilitation to ensure that patients receive care that sets the standard as you treat patients with compassion and empathy. Enhance the impact of your abilities with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
Full-Time, Days, HIMS Coder
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
The HIMS Coder Credentialed codes diagnoses and procedures as documented in each patient medical record according to ICD-10-CM classification system, and assigns the impairment and CMS 13 group codes. The position abstracts information from the medical record and enters into PATCOM and UDS Proware and establishes an accurate and comprehensive data base all within the JCAHO standards, professional and regulatory agency guidelines, UHDDS guidelines and our policies.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- RHIA or RHIT or CCS preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of accredited Health Information Technology or Administration Program or completion of AHIMA Independent Study Program or completion of advanced coding classes in ICD-10-CM and CPT4 at an accredited college or vocational school preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve approximately 10 percent of the time.
- Ability to sit 90 percent of the time.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to ten pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Will be required to meet established attendance standards.
- Will be required to adhere to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1250 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas 89102
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2234213