With guidance from the Director of Therapy Operations, using some independent judgment, Therapy Manager manages components of therapy operations, which may include inpatient or outpatient therapy, in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, regulations, and guidelines to assure that the highest degree of quality care is rendered at all times. This position requires effective management skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships and requires competency in therapy discipline for evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment. Additionally, this position requires task delegation and supervision of therapy discipline assistants and technicians. The Therapy Manager provides patient care in licensed discipline 50% - 75% of work hours. The Therapy Manager supervises therapy staff and is responsible for staffing and scheduling to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments. This position maintains open and on-going communication with directors and managers to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met. The Therapy Manager creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code 100004
License or Certification:
- Current State license as a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program required. Additional training with a Master's or Doctorate's degree in either professional or management area is preferred.
- Four years of discipline specific leadership experience required, with no less than 2 years being clinical.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty professional certification, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Physical requirements may be modified based on required limitations of the worker's compensation claim or injury/medical reason.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 2201 Wildwood Avenue, Sherwood 72120
Job ID: 2234221