The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for leading audits underlying the company’s internal audit and controls program. The Senior Internal Auditor executes audit procedures to assess financial, operational, and information technology internal controls to safeguard company resources and ensures the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Senior Internal Auditor makes recommendations for improvement of controls and processes to ensure risk management, control governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable Encompass Health’s objectives and goals are met.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Independently finds/uses techniques to document, evaluate, and assess routine business processes.
- Independently finds/uses techniques to identify improvements in routine business processes.
- Designs and applies sampling techniques in routine situations; recognizes the need for CAATs.
- Independently draws appropriate conclusions based on routine analyses performed.
- Adheres to standards as set forth in the Audit Manual.
- Uses knowledge of business/financial concepts and company to be effective in routine situations.
- Independently competent in risk and control assessment for routine situations.
*** This position must sit in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL
*** This position offers a hybrid schedule after a probationary period
*** This position requires around 15% travel
License or Certification:
- Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Internal Audit related field
- Working knowledge of auditing techniques and standards
- Understanding of the risk and controls associated with business processes and ability to identify those risk and controls
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, email)
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2234270