How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At SVRH, we strive to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Environmental Services Technician provides a full range of support necessary for regular, terminal, and isolation cleaning. A key part of this role's accountability is to ensure compliance standards are maintained during the cleaning of hospital specialty areas
Since this role is extremely visible to all, the applicant must have good customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff members, guests, patients and their families. Individuals will be trained and authorized to handle the proper duties in their assigned areas.
Full Time Staff Members are eligible for benefits on Day One of hire.
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 6%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services
- Education assistance (tuition reimbursement, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
License or Certification: - N/A Education, Training and Years of Experience: - High School diploma or GED preferred - Previous housekeeping experience preferred Machines, Equipment Used: - High duster, vacuum, mop, spray bottles, floor polisher, linen carts, trash carts - General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. Physical Requirements: - Good visual acuity and ability to communicate. - Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements - Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking. - Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch. Compliance: - Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct. - Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively. - Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner. - Ability to work independently without supervision. Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure. - Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Exposure to cleaning solvents & chemicals - Handicapped accessible. - May work under stressful circumstances at times. Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster. - May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives. - May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2201 Wildwood Avenue, Sherwood 72120
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2234430