BE THE CONNECTION at Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg
We are not like your typical hospital!
Respiratory Therapist (PRN)
A stronger bond with patients - A stronger impact on recovery
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg is a 75 bed acute rehabilitation hospital located in Mechanicsburg, PA. We provide comprehensive inpatient medical and rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation to patients who have just experienced a significant medical event.
Our Nurses, Pharmacists and Medical staff consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients who are receiving medical care 7 days a week, as well as aggressive Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy services aimed at helping patients overcome injury and return home to their careers, lives and families!
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to know our patients and their families. We do not routinely float our Nurses, we believe working with the same patients allows us to form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way!
We are proud of the fact that 90% of the patients admitted, are discharged directly to their homes.
We are additionally Gold Seal Certified by Joint Commission in Stroke, Amputee, Brain injury, Diabetes, Wound and Parkinson’s Disease Rehabilitation
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- every day. Maybe you can too!
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
- Clinical growth through supported certification programs and on-line library of continuing education, some CEU eligible.
- Ability to expand your career locally or get closer to family at any of our rehab hospitals in 42 states through internal transfer opportunities.
- Current State License in Respiratory Therapy.
- CPR certification
- ACLS certification preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 2 years hospital experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 175 Lancaster Blvd., Mechanicsburg 17055
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2234621