As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
The Clinical Information Systems Student Intern will be assigned to appropriate department and scheduled to work for a designated period of time. The department intern will be responsible for all assigned work, projects and all other duties as assigned by the manager. Each participating department should provide intern with a detailed list of these responsibilities. If the intern is participating in the company-wide summer internship program, the intern will be required to participate in all activities and to participate in the final presentation at the end of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Support clinical systems analysts with various efforts, projects, and programs
- Manage projects and tasks as assigned
- Respond to requests for assistance from business units and other internal customers
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of clinical systems efforts
- Keep Security Lead apprised of activities, issues, commitments, etc.
- Summarize technical details into high-level descriptions for presentation to CISO and other management
- Complete all task and assignments accurately and timely
- Proactively seeks to learn about the company and the department
- Participates in all intern specific activities (if applicable)
- Create and present presentation on job skills learned (if applicable)
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or relevant field
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL from June 5 – August 4, 2023
- Project support for healthcare applications and devices, implementation, and optimization that require knowledge of how to conduct workflow analysis, requirements gathering and documentation
- Basic familiarity with identity access and management, networking, security controls for operating systems, applications, and network devices and related services/tools.
- Working knowledge of service request fulfillment, documentation writing, metrics reporting.
Job ID: 2234915