The Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator (PASC) will assure the accurate extraction of data from the clinical documentation. This task requires the use of discretion and independent judgment; coordination of process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved for Medicare patients; oversight of all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI; presence of supporting documentation; close partnership with Chief Nursing Office, Director of Therapy Operations, Director of Case Management, Health Info Management Services (HIMS) Director/Coder, Director of Pharmacy, and Wound Care Coordinator to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines. The PASC must educate staff on proper and accurate documentation as it applies to the IRF PAI and act as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to Quality Indicator coding and IRF-PAI completion. This position requires a positive working relationship as well as serving as an educator to the medical staff.
Job Code 101013
License or Certification:
- Licensed or certified clinician: RN, LPN, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, Recreational Therapist, Respiratory Therapist, case manager/social worker
- QI Credentialed
- Obtains UDS IRF PPS Certification after 2 years in the PASC role and prior to the 3rd year anniversary.
- Possesses the ability to perform assessments
- 1 year experience in the healthcare setting
- Attends all EHC IRF-PAI trainings
- Rehab or post-acute care experience preferred
- Proficient teaching and communication skills preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 14305 Collier Boulevard, Naples 34119
Job ID: 2235233