CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - Full Time / Days
The Case Management Assistant, under the direction of the Director of Case Management assists in the administration of Case Management functions to include, but not limited to, organization of work flow, communications, critical information tracking, report creation and links with community resources. The position is focused on supporting the role of the Case Management department in optimizing the Care Management process and Case Manager efficiency and effectiveness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Responsibilities and tasks include the following:
- Coordinates and facilitates Team Conference for efficient and effective meetings.
- Gathers, takes action on, and maintains Case Management documentatin such as referrals, admissions, orders and schedules.
- Effectively coordinates communicatin of daily Case Management Assignment updates.
- Complete pre- and post-discharge activities to ensure patients, families, and clinicians are aware and prepared.
- Gathers Quality Improvement (QI) and department Performance Improvement (PI) data.
- Assists with collection of Key Care Indicators (KCI's) and clinical outcomes data.
- Assists in all regulatory and joint commission survey preparedness activities.
Job Code: 100644
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products
- Type with speed and accuracy
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Insurance/payor experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2235450