The Physical Therapist, Senior provides treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines, and demonstrates and promotes excellence in physical therapy practice. This position requires effective training and mentoring skills as well as communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental contacts; competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment; and task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians. The Physical Therapist, Senior assists with scheduling physical therapy in-services education, physical therapy student program, and physical therapists' and assistants' orientation; and assists with physical therapist and assistant mentoring, training, and communications to drive excellence for patient treatments. This position creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Encompass Health, Concord, NH
License or Certification:
- Current State license as a Physical Therapist.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Successfully completed a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited physical therapy program, required. Additional training with a Master's or Doctorate's degree in either physical therapy or management area is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of physical therapy experience is required.
- Active on Therapy Clinical ladder (when eligible) or specialty professional certification preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of discipline specific therapy equipment.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 254 Pleasant Street, Concord 03301
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2235743