Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Western MA
Now Hiring: Infection Preventionist (IP) - Full Time
The Infection Preventionist (IP) directs managerial functions of planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the Infection Control Program. The IP has the authority of the Medical Staff and Governing Body to take necessary steps to prevent and/or control the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents in the patient, staff, and visitor populations
The Infection Preventionist (IP) is responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of hospital acquired infections; educating employees about infection control; and the development of organizational infection control standards that meet state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies, CDC, OSHA, and APIC guidelines.
License or Certification:
- Current license or registration certification as a medical technologist or clinical laboratory scientist, physician or registered nurse, or
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a healthcare field.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- CIC Preferred
- Training in infection control and/or epidemiology
- 1 year experience in acute hospital infection control practice preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 222 State Street, LUDLOW 01056
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2237418