The Senior Speech-Language Pathologist provides speech-language therapy according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In doing so, the therapist demonstrates and promotes excellence in speech-language patient care and treatment. This position requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships; competency in speech-language pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment; and task delegation and supervision of speech therapy assistants and technicians. The Senior Speech-Language Pathologist assists with scheduling speech-language in-services education, speech-language pathologist student program, speech-language therapists¿ and assistants¿ orientation and assists with speech-language therapist and assistant mentoring, training and communications to drive speech-language therapy excellence for patient treatments. This position maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met and typically provides patient care in speech-language therapy 90% to 95% of work hours. The Senior Speech-Language Pathologist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
- Current State license as a Physical Therapist.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Successfully completed a degree from an accredited speech therapy program, required. Additional training with a Master's or Doctorate's degree in either speech therapy or management area is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of speech-language pathology therapy experience is required.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty professional certifications, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Working knowledge of discipline specific therapy equipment.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 100 Baystate Drive, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2237858