The Wound Care Coordinator directs, organizes, and develops all wound care services in accordance with applicable federal, state, regulatory, and company standards to ensure the delivery of quality patient care is rendered at all times, and that the Plan of Care and physician orders are followed with regard to wound care treatments. This position functions independently, demonstrates above average communication skills, personal integrity, and works effectively with patients, family members, physicians, staff, and outside agencies as required. The position leads hospital wound education efforts, as well as educates patients and family members on wounds and wound care topics. While this position does not specifically supervise clinical staff, as the leader of the wound care program in the hospital this person does direct clinical team on wound care treatment. This position requires continuous updating of education and treatment techniques in the delivery of wound care.
Job Code: 100139
License or Certification:
- RN, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist required for acute rehab hospitals
- RN required for long term acute care hospitals
- CPR certification required
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Continuous updating of wound care knowledge through seminars and professional organizations is required
- Minimum One Year experience in wound care
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes participating in patient mobility activities.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 950 South Mulford Road, Rockford 61108
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2237898