Tremendous professional abilities
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as an Admissions Representative, you’ll have the opportunity to be the connection between your strong professional abilities and exceptional patient care that sets the standard. Apply your outstanding skills and knowledge in a different, more meaningful way. Make the most of your unique combination of talent, passion and ambition with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
The Admissions Representative assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an efficient verification process for all referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary financial procedures to schedule and admit inpatient and/or outpatients. The position compiles and inputs statistical information into appropriate hospital systems.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
- Admits patients as they arrive and explains paperwork being signed.
- Reviews midnight census reports daily for previous day to ensure proper data entry into Patcom.
- Ensures all patients admitted to the facility after admission close hours are properly signed in.
- Ensures copies of insurance ID cards or Medicare inquiry are collected on all admissions.
- Guarantees financial packet is scanned into ACE IT for review by the Business Office.
- Maintains the virtual admissions board and updates patient information.
- Receives, verifies and enters accurate, pertinent and required admission data.
- Provides copies of face-sheets, patient to admit list and other information to relevant parties.
- Communicates with appropriate parties regarding benefits and/or missing/incorrect information.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
License or Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; post education preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of third party payors.
- Six months experience or equivalent in hospital admissions preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 3715 Highway 280-431 North, Phenix City 36869
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2310028