The Infection Preventionist/Wound Care Coordinator implements and manages the Infection Control Program as well as directs, organizes, and develops all wound care services in accordance with applicable federal, state, regulatory, and company standards to ensure the delivery of quality patient care is rendered at all times, and that the plan of care and physician orders are followed with regard to wound care treatments.
The Infection Preventionist acts on behalf of hospital leadership to prevent the spread of infections throughout the hospital. The Infection Preventionist has authority to implement and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures, protocols and other requirements relating to Infection Control and Prevention. The Medical Executive Committee authorizes the IP to take any actions necessary (within the limits of standard practice) to prevent the outbreak and spread of infection. In so doing and to the extent possible, the Infection Preventionist shall consult with the Medical Director, the Centers for Disease Control and all federal, state and local health districts that may have jurisdiction. This position functions independently, demonstrates above-average communication skills and personal integrity, and works effectively with patients, family members, physicians, staff, and outside agencies as required. The Wound Care Coordinator leads hospital wound education efforts, as well as educates patients and family members on wounds and wound care topics. While this position does not specifically supervise clinical staff, as the leader of the wound care program in the hospital, this person does direct clinical teams on wound care treatment. This position requires continuous updating of education and treatment techniques in the delivery of wound care.
License or Certification Education:
- Completed post-secondary education in a health-related field including but not limited to medicine, nursing, laboratory technology, public health, or biology.
- RN, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist required for acute rehab hospitals.
- RN required for long-term acute care hospitals.
- CPR certified.
- 1 year experience in a clinical setting in field of practice
- Experience in hospital infection control practice preferred
- Training in infection control and/or epidemiology.
- Previous experience as an Educator preferred.
- If Registered Nurse, CRRN certification preferred.
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) preferred.
- Continuous updating of wound care knowledge through seminars and professional organizations is required.
- Minimum one year of experience in wound care required
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 4100 Austin Peay Hwy, Memphis 38128
Job ID: 2310794