BE THE CONNECTION at Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona
We are not like your typical hospital!
REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
A stronger bond with patients - A stronger impact on recovery
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona is an 80-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary, cardiac rehabilitation needs and more.
We have the second largest outpatient program for Encompass Health in Pennsylvania. We have outpatient clinics in Altoona, Duncansville, Tyrone and Bedford. Our clinics provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy in a team-based environment.
Our inpatient hospital has a full complement of therapists, nurses, behavioral health providers and medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that approximately 80% of the inpatients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes, many of which return for outpatient services to one of our clinics.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Six JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.encompasshealth.com/altoonarehab
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
- Clinical growth through supported certification programs and on-line library of continuing education, some CEU eligible.
- Ability to expand your career locally or get closer to family at any of our rehab hospitals in 42 states through internal transfer opportunities.
- Competitive salary and shift differentials.
- School loan payment program- after 1 year of employment, Encompass Health with pay your monthly student loan payment for as long as you work for the company up to $250 ! That’s right, we will pay your monthly student loan… month after month as long as you are employed by us!!
- Clinical challenge- depending on the diagnosis you could work with telemetry, PICC Lines, Wound Vacs, Portacaths, chest tubes, Heart failure management, critical illness myopathy management, post-ventilated COVID recovery management, post-transplant recovery (liver/kidney) ER off loading, LVADS (heart pumps), pharmacy integrated med-dispense and more.
As a registered nurse, channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
Help patients by supervising care and treatments, leading patient assessments, creating personalized plans of care, targeting patient concerns and offering the best solutions.
View each patient with a strong sense of empathy, listen closely to their personal stories, and get to know each one’s physical, mental and emotional needs.
Spend each day helping someone to regain control of their lives with the goal of being discharged from the hospital and back to their community, families, and friends.
- Current RN licensure and strong new graduates encouraged to apply!
- CPR certification required (recertification supported).
- Specialty CRRN certification encouraged and supported a part of your career development
- One or more years of experience with medically complex patients ideal.
- Early start Graduate Nurse (temporary practice permit) program - pre- NCLEX
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do- on day one!
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 42 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Registered Nurse Career Opportunity
Experience nursing as it was meant to be.
We’re looking for Registered Nurses who are inspired by the prospect of caregiving the way it should be. Here, you'll have time to build relationships and enjoy the rewards of helping people getting back to their lives again. Experience the difference of nursing in a rehab hospital with the latest technology at your fingertips and a wide range of opportunities among kindred spirits. Count on having a flexible schedule that we build together so you can live your best life. Yes, we do that, too.
A little about us:
We’re a Nurse first organization and we think that’s special. Whether you’re building a foundation in your early career or you’re a seasoned nurse looking for a better environment to call home, we’re confident you’ll see the difference the moment you join. We’re not your ordinary rehab hospital either. Being recently named one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Award, among others, is pretty amazing.
Our benefits start on day one:
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans for full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a benefit.
Be the kind of Nurse you’ve always wanted to be:
- Help patients through supervising care and treatments, leading patient assessments, creating personalized care plans, and targeting and resolving patient concerns.
- Have the time to learn about each patient’s physical, mental, and emotional needs to help them recover.
- Build rewarding relationships with patients during stays that start at two weeks.
- Open access to opportunity to learn, grow, advance, and build skills that last a lifetime.
Certifications and Licensures:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations required.
- CPR certification required (ACLS preferred).
- CRRN certification preferred (If you don’t have it, we can assist you to obtain it!)
- One or more years of experience in an inpatient rehabilitation hospital setting is preferred.
The Encompass Way
We proudly set the standard for excellence in care, leading with empathy, doing what’s right, focusing on the positive, and remaining stronger together. We’re a recognized, trusted leader in post-acute care with a strong presence in over 38 states and 34,000 exceptional people.
Encompass Health is proud of our welcoming and inclusive culture. We offer equal employment opportunities regardless of a person’s race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, color, creed, age, mental disability, physical disability or any other protected classification.”
We can’t wait to meet with you and we mean that.
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2311518
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: Christine.Filer@encompasshealth.com