The EKG Technician is responsible for all electrocardiograph functions including performing an electrocardiograph as ordered. The EKG technician is responsible in assuring the equipment has been properly maintained according to the manufacturer's recommendation. Upon completion of the ordered electrocardiograph, the EKG technician delivers the test to the charge nurse and/or the physician responsible for reading the electrocardiograph. The individual must be alert to potential problems with the patient, the electrocardiograph or the equipment.
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience as a clerk or secretary in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Appropriate equipment related to Radiology and Diagnostic Services and the healthcare environment
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and ability push/pull up to 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2050 Versailles Road, Lexington 40504
Shift: Evening Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2311572