As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers facility-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals that spans 36 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2021 and 2022, the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021, 2022, and 2023 and Becker’s “Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for 2021 and 2022.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
BE THE CONNECTION.
The role of Associate Administrator affords you the ability to pursue a unique kind of professional achievement. This is your opportunity to be the connection between organizational excellence and the meaningful successes our patients experience daily. Apply the vast knowledge, experience, and skills you’ve acquired throughout your career to enhance the effectiveness of our teams and the services we proudly offer. Realize the positive, personal impact of leadership on a greater scale with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis by:
• Taking part in a two-year CEO-in-training program to take the next step in your career and become the chief executive officer (CEO) at one of our hospitals.
• Being placed in a host hospital as an Associate Administrator and report to the hospital’s CEO.
• Developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CEO while leading significant improvements in the hospital’s culture, as well as financial, employee and patient-satisfaction outcomes.
• Acting as a member of the hospital’s leadership team and take responsibility for at least one department, with progressive responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs.
• Completing the Associate Administrator Program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
• Applying for a position as CEO of a hospital where we have an opening upon successful completion of the program.
Credentials and Requirements:
• Required: A strong desire to become the CEO/Administrator of an Encompass Health hospital in approximately 2 years.
• Required: Commitment to approximately 2 years as an Associate Administrator and an additional 3 years as an Encompass Health hospital CEO/Administrator (subject to on-the-job performance and business needs).
• Required: Willingness to relocate possibly twice within two years to any Encompass Health hospital.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree. Preferred: MBA or MHA.
• Required: Three years of management experience in a hospital setting required, including:
- Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, promotion and termination decisions for at least 1 or more direct reports.
- Input on budget development and responsibility for operating within a budget for areas of responsibility.
• Required: Evidence of consistently above average performance as compared to expectations for comparable positions.
• Required: Evidence of the effective application of strong competencies/skills in: Analysis, business acumen, change agility, collaboration, communication, decision-making, leadership, strategic focus, talent management, and technical mastery within one or more disciplines important to inpatient rehabilitation hospital operations.
• Preferred: Two years of senior management experience in health care, including:
- Hospital (or comparable corporate, region, or subsidiary) responsibility for one or more of the following departments: Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Nursing, Therapy (inpatient), Quality, Case Management, or Human Resources.
- Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, promotion, and termination decisions for a staff including at least 3 direct reports.
- Departmental responsibility for budget development, oversight, and spending.
• Preferred: A desire to progress beyond CEO/Administrator in 5-10 years.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 20180 Chasewood Park Drive, Houston 77070
Job ID: 2312536