Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
189 May Street, Worcester, MA 01602
Hiring Pharmacist - Full Time Position Available!
BE THE CONNECTION - Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, Worcester, MA 01602
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital, owned by Encompass Health and UMass Medical Center located in Worcester, MA. We are a dedicated physical rehabilitation hospital staffed with Physicians, Therapists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physicians and other professional staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Pharmacist - Full Time / Evenings (start early afternoon - 9 pm) 36 to 40 hours per week
Job requires every other weekend rotation, with flexibility of being able to cover morning shift when required.
The Pharmacist contributes to excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction through:
- Ensuring the daily operations within the hospital pharmacy allow the pharmacy to meet all customer and patient expectations.
- Contributing to and developing pharmacy specific policies and procedures, ensuring all policies and procedures meet all applicable Joint Commission and other auditing agency regulations.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team; providing the appropriate information to the team and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Accurate interpretation of medication orders, and compound and dispense medication preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practice.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Our patients come with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better pharmacist is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100091
License or Certification
- Licensed in good standing by the appropriate state pharmacy board.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successful completion a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 2312730