As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals that spans 36 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare's "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" and the Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2021 and Becker's "Top Places to Work in Healthcare" for 2022.
The State Regulatory Compliance Analyst works closely with the State Regulatory Compliance Officer (SRCO) and ethics & compliance staff to administer the Company’s State Regulatory Compliance Program. This position will support the SRCO with validation activities to ensure appropriate implementation of legislative and regulatory edicts. Under the guidance of the SRCO, this position will assist with research projects on a variety of state regulatory topics, and will additionally assist in drafting policies, procedures and tools to support related compliance activities. The State Regulatory Compliance Analyst will monitor compliance enforcement activities in assigned regions, routinely update and maintain tracking data in various databases and repositories, and prepare summary reports of all results. This position will also perform duties to support the operation of the vendor compliance program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASK
• Detects potential compliance issues from legal/regulatory changes; notifies appropriate persons.
• Operates applicable department software including FiscalNote, Compliance 360, SharePoint.
• Knows detailed responsibilities required of position.
• Keeps updated and current (regulations, guidance, etc.).
• Understands and utilizes the company resource structure.
• Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
• Completes special projects and other duties as requested to support needs of organization.
• Networks with co-workers to share best practices.
• Has strong research and analysis skills and is able to navigate state statutes and regulations.
• Assists in conducting compliance validation and monitoring activities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, law or equivalent
- This position must sit in our Home Office in Birmingham, Alabama
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
Job ID: 2315042