Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs
Full Time, GREAT benefits!
Tremendous professional abilities
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as a Purchasing Coordinator, you’ll have the opportunity to be the connection between your strong professional abilities and exceptional patient care that sets the standard. Apply your outstanding skills and knowledge in a different, more meaningful way. Make the most of your unique combination of talent, passion and ambition with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
· Maintains a daily rental equipment log.
· Forwards all invoices to accounts payable for timely processing.
· Negotiates prices and contracts with outside vendors as required.
· Orders medical and clinical supplies for the hospital.
· Oversees the purchase order process for hospital supplies.
· Ensures all required documentation and inventory logs are maintained in accordance with policy.
· Performs or participates in the physical inventory as required by hospital policy.
· Maintains and manages purchasing process to ensure that par levels are consistently met.
· Manages inventory to optimize the cost of supplies and equipment.
· Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
· Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
· Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
· Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 2-3 years of hospital supply and purchasing management preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
· General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
· Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
· Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements. · Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
· Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
Skills and Abilities:
· Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
· Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
· Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
· Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
· Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
· Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
· Handicapped accessible.
· May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
· Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
· Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
· Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
· May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
· May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
· Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
· May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
· May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one if eligible, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 831 South State Road 434, Altamonte Springs 32714
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2315083