Physical Therapist Assistant $65 - 8-Week Short Term Assignment, Full Time Days
Must be available to work a minimum of 32 hours a week, including weekends as needed
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital (an affiliate of Encompass Health)
189 May Street, Worcester, MA 01602
$65 an hour - Full-Time, Temporary
$65 an hour
• Current state licensure or certification on or before the first day of employment required.
• CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
• Successful completion of an Associate’s degree from an accredited physical therapy assistant program preferred.
• Effective communication skills for working with patients, families and caregivers required.
As a short-term, temporary assignment, this position is not eligible for benefits.
Short Term Contract – 8-week assignment; $65/hour
Must work a minimum of 32 hours/week
Must be available to work any shift, including weekends, as needed.
No guarantee of full-time status at the end of the assignment
More one-on-one time
More success for patients and professionals
BE THE CONNECTION.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital (an affiliate of Encompass Health) means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis as you inspire our patients to progress each day.
The Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position must communicate effectively with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental associates; show competency in physical treatment; perform physical therapy treatment tasks as delegated by and supervised by physical therapists; and maintain open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Physical Therapist Assistant creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
- Review all relevant data prior to administering physical therapy treatment.
- Administer delegated skilled physical therapy treat per the physical therapy plan of care.
- Monitor and communicate patient response to physical therapy treatment.
- Modifies treatment and plan of care per patient ability / response and physical therapist direction.
- Assist the physical therapists with patient preparation for discharge.
- Documents treatment, patient performance, progress, response to care, and tests / measurements.
• Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
• Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistant may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaking which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2315091