As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals that spans 36 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare's "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" and the Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2021 and Becker's "Top Places to Work in Healthcare" for 2022.
The Privacy Analyst works closely with the Privacy Officer and Ethics & Compliance staff to administer the Company’s Privacy Program. This position supports the Privacy Officer by performing various tasks that are necessary to ensure the company’s ongoing compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule and state privacy regulations. Under the guidance of the Privacy Officer, the Privacy Analyst assists in drafting privacy tools to support compliance activities, performs privacy risk assessments and other validation activities, investigates potential breaches and other allegations of non-compliance related to privacy matters, routinely tracks and monitors privacy related action plans through completion, and assists the Company’s Hospital HIPAA Officers (HHOs) as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASK
- In conjunction with the Privacy Officer, communicates HIPAA privacy policies, procedures, and awareness initiatives for hospitals and home health and hospice locations.
- Assists hospital contacts with facility-based HIPAA privacy investigations and conclusions.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring Privacy and Security Risk Assessment findings to completion.
- Assists with the annual Privacy Program Assessment, Incident Response Plan, HIPAA Desk Reviews, and similar testing and validation activities.
- Performs privacy risk assessments.
- Assists Privacy Officer with privacy violation, breach containment and remediation efforts.
- Provides routine instructor led training on privacy related topics.
- Investigates potential privacy breaches and other allegations of non-compliance related to privacy
- Provides periodic reports of activities and results as discussed with and determined by manager.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned to be determined by the Privacy Officer.
License or Certification:
• CHC® or CHPC® preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business, or related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience in HIPAA privacy compliance.
• In-depth knowledge of general compliance programs and HIPAA requirements and rules
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2315114