The Van Driver performs a variety of direct patient care activities including: assisting and accompanying all patients who are transferred to and from the facility via the facility van and assisting in maintenance when the van activities are complete. This position provides direct patient care to pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Job Code: 100229
License or Certification:
- Valid driver's license appropriate for the heaviest class vehicle to be driven
- CPR and First Aid Training.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous transportation experience required
- Must be 25 years of age
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Transportation van and associated minor repair equipment
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and
equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 3800 Ridgeway Drive, Birmingham 35209
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2315202