Encompass Health Careers
Home Health - Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) - Full Time
Division: Home Health
Patient Coverage Area: Eddy County
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Home Health is looking for a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) to join our growing and dynamic team.
- Physical Therapy Assistant - PTA will work under the direction of our Physical Therapists and treat patients with physical impairments through the use of physical modalities.
- Assists the supervising therapist in the modifications to the Plan of Care.
- Assist the supervising therapist in evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
- Assist persons who are physically challenged to improve mobility and function, independent self-care, other skills necessary for functioning in daily living.
- Direct and aid patients in active and passive exercise, muscle re-education; as well as gait, functional, ADL, transfer, and prosthetic training.
- Be currently licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant - PTA in the state of employment.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of home health experience is preferred.