Encompass Health Careers
Payroll Accounting Analyst
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is seeking a Payroll Analyst to join our team in Dallas for the Home Health & Hospice Division.
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
- Maintain payroll-related accounts and the reconciliation and accuracy of the payroll and payroll liability accounts within the payroll system.
- Create and run custom queries/reports from the payroll system.
- Prepare various accounting analysis, schedules, exhibits, and summaries.
- Determine the need for new accounts and revisions in the account structure.
- Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external or internal auditors.
- Research the accounting policy for treatment of new or complex payroll transactions, including intercompany payrolls, accounting for stock options, restricted stock awards, and stock grants.
- Document the procedure and prepare journal entries for the General Ledger.
- Preparation and coordination of the consolidated payroll accrual reconciliations within the within the established deadlines.
- Backup and assist the Payroll Tax Accountant with research of state and federal payroll tax regulations, returns, and remittances.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or similar field is required.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- FPC or CPP designation preferred.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills including ability to use and understand moderately complex Pivots and functions.
- Knowledge and expertise of PeopleSoft HCM is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL or other Query tool is a plus.
- Understand and comply with all SOX controls and departmental processes and procedures.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!