Encompass Health Careers
Hospice Chaplain - PRN
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is searching for a Chaplain with hospice experience to join our team. The Chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary team and reports to the Hospice Branch Director.
- Providing direct spiritual support and/or counsel to patients/families in keeping with patients/families’ beliefs.
- Working with staff, clergy and community groups to enhance their sensitivity to the spiritual needs of patients/families and reporting on services as indicated.
- Providing consultation and education for patients/families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing bereavement follow-up services as defined by Hospice.
- Maintaining proper records of visits to patients/families.
- Performing occasional liturgical assignments such as the annual Service of Remembrance and monthly memorial service when indicated.
- Required - Previous hospice experience, including performing services in a client’s home.
- Must be an individual who by ordination or by ecclesiastical endorsement from the individual's denomination has been approved to function in a pastoral capacity.
- He/she may also be an individual who has received training in Clinical Pastoral Education which meets the requirements for the College of Chaplains.
- Must have demonstrated ability to be open, sensitive, flexible and ecumenical.
- Must have demonstrated experience in working with patients/families dealing with life-threatening illness and death.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!