Encompass Health Careers
Home Health Branch Director, RN - Rocky Hill, CT
Division: Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer! The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring a Branch Director for its Rocky Hill, Connecticut, home health location.
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Home Health Branch Directors with Encompass Health are Registered Nurses who supervise and oversee operational and clinical success in delivery of quality patient care. Reporting to the Agency Administrator, this role includes supervising the branch's office and field staff, and effectively managing the agency's services, budget, and clinical outcome goals. Attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, and efficient organizational competencies are best-suited for this position, as the Branch Director works with Sales staff, vendors, physicians, and other internal and external partners. Also helpful is a thorough understanding of home health care guidelines and governing practices. Previous home health and management experience will serve you well in this rewarding role, and an excellent knowledge of OASIS and EMR platforms is beneficial.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
In Connecticut only, shall be a registered nurse with an active license to practice nursing in this state, and shall have one of the following:
- A master’s degree from a program approved by the National League for Nursing or the American Public Health Association with a minimum of one year full-time clinical experience in a home health agency or related community health program which included care of the sick at home; or
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing and a minimum of three (3) years of fulltime clinical experience in nursing, at least (1) one of which was in a home health agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home; or
- A registered nurse who has been continuously employed in the position of supervisor of clinical services in a home health agency in this state since January 1, 1979; or
- A diploma in nursing or an associate’s degree in nursing and
- A minimum of three years of full-time or full-time equivalent clinical experience in nursing within the past five years, at least one year of which was in a home health care agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home; and
- Evidence of certification by the American Nurses’ Association as a community health nurse or completion of at least six credits received within two years in community health nursing theory or six credits in health care management from an accredited college or university program or school of nursing.
- He/She must have a minimum of one-year nursing experience within the last 36 months.
- Medicare home health experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous management/supervisory experience is preferred.