Encompass Health Careers
Home Health Aide - PRN
Division: Home Health
Patient Coverage Area: Beaufort and Jasper County
Certified Nursing Assistant - Home Health Aide
Encompass Health is looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide to join our growing and dynamic team.
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
- Carry out assigned tasks on clients and follow Home Health Aide Care Plans. Perform delegated tasks after instruction by RN or PT.
- Bathe clients, assist with showers and partial baths as appropriate.
- Assist clients with proper exercises and assist PT in the rehabilitation for client when applicable.
- Help client maintain personal hygiene and assist with all aspects of activities of daily living.
- Answer client questions about self-care techniques and give instructions that will assist family, client, and family/support in providing care.
- Assist client in getting ready for doctor appointments.
- Lift, turn, and weigh clients as appropriate.
- Take and record vital signs as assigned, including blood pressure, temperature, respiration.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Must be registered and listed in good standing on the Nurse Aide Registry in the state of employment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a home health or hospice setting or Minimum of 1 year of full-time experience in direct client care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility)
- Must have the ability to recognize the needs of people, to maintain good relationships with people, and have the capacity to make meaningful observations and communicate them to the supervisor
- Must be able to drive an automobile both during and after daylight hours
- Must be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must possess automobile liability insurance.
- Must wear seat belts at all times while driving.
- Dependable transportation kept in good working condition.