Encompass Health Careers
Care Management Coordinator, RN - Home Health
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) with exceptional assessment skills, previous managerial experience, a passion for nursing, and a drive to be on the forefront of innovative nursing practices to join our team as a Care Management Coordinator.
This position is ideal for RNs who want to focus on leading a team of LVNs, population health management, impacting a larger sphere of patients than possible with one-on-one bedside care. This role is an office position that combines the art of nursing practice with predictive technologies to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs by preventing avoidable hospitalizations and reducing unnecessary duplicative services.
Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
- Work closely with the LVN Care Management Coordinators and CMD leadership to execute on overall program management to reduce hospital readmissions and accelerate patient recovery by providing patient transition support between care environments, and providing appropriate telephonic care interventions.
- Ensure that overall coordination of care management services provided to all clients is delivered according to acceptable standards of practice.
- Provide oversight of patient care, and is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Clinical Transformation with day-to-day office and staff management related to patient care.
- Participate in the after-hours rotation of On Call.
- Ensure that patient care and services are delivered appropriately and timely during after-hours and holiday coverage coordinating with the appropriate Agency RN On Call as needed.
Overtime may be required occasionally.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of four years full-time experience as a RN.
- Must have a minimum of two years full-time experience in acute care, managed care, home health or hospice nursing.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of customer and market requirements, and demonstrate a strong understanding of transitional care evidence best practices.
- Must have excellent communication skills; ability to interact well with diverse individuals.
- Must have the ability to work independently, set priorities to coordinate care plan efficiently; to work effectively in a team environment, highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Must have experience working with electronic health records.
- Must be effective at patient behavioral and educational strategies, including, but not limited to: motivational interviewing, teach-back method, and self-management support.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the Federal, State, and local laws/regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a home health and hospice agency.
- Medicare Home Health and experience working with Value Based Care preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Experience with public speaking preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!