Encompass Health Careers
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) - Home Health PRN
Division: Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection?
Encompass Health’s enterprising model for continuum of care sets the standards for excellence. Our Home Health Services provide a seamless transition of care between inpatient and home-based care that adapts fluidly and helps our patients get back to their lives. We are stronger together and empower our therapists to be the connection by fostering a positive culture of inclusivity and collaboration.
Encompass Health is looking for a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) to join our growing and dynamic Home Health team.
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Home Health & Hospice is looking for a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) to provide professional, comprehensive, family-oriented services to individuals in the home setting.
- Assess patients' and families' psychosocial, environmental, and financial needs.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluates a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family, and other caregivers, and provides case management as appropriate.
- Assist the team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the patients’ health problems.
- Maintain documentation in patient’s record per internal regulatory and professional standards.
- Monitor, observe, and evaluate changes and progress in patient’s condition and environment. Report changes, progress, or lack of progress to physician and/or nurse case manager.
- Acts as key source in patient situations such as: ineffective patient/family coping and decision making advance directives long term or assisted living placement substance abuse abuse/neglect and/or bereavement.
- Must be a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in the state of employment. Must have a Master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Must possess one year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Medicare home health or hospice experience is preferred.
- Must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to client’s needs.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks of critical importance simultaneously.