Encompass Health Careers
Medical Records Specialist - Home Health
Division: Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is looking for a Medical Records Specialist to join our team. As a Medical Records Specialist, you will be responsible for receiving electronic faxes, scanning documents, and uploading files into the electronic medical records system, Homecare Homebase.
- Process signed and unsigned Orders and 485s.
- Follow up on the “Sent But Not Signed Orders” on a daily basis.
- Reprocess unsigned orders at End of Episode as task appears on Workflow Screen.
- On a weekly basis, process unsigned orders older than 30 days.
- Verify Physician’s signature and date stamp all received documents to be scanned into the client chart. Scanning, attaching and verifying should be completed within 24 hours of stamp date.
- Verify Electronic Service Agreement is signed.
- Send the Episode Detail Report at recertification.
- Fax the discharge / transfer summary / episode detail summary and Case Conference / 60 Day Summary to the physician.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
The person hired for this role will work at our branch office in Ludlow, MA until fully trained. We expect this person to transition to the Worcester location sometime in 2019.
Traning Location: 487 Holyoke Street, Ludlow, MA 01056
Permanent Location: Worcester, MA
The right person for this role will be outgoing, have a positive attitude, and have exceptional multitasking skills.
- Minimum of 6 months of medical records experience in a clinic, hospital, or home health setting.
- Previous experience working with an EMR system is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Homecare Homebase (HCHB) is a plus.
- Experience working with Sfax is a plus.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced typing and computer skills.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!