Encompass Health Careers
Director of Recruiting
Division: Home Office
Our employees think Encompass is a great place to work and it shows! We have been repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”.
Here are just a few of the many reasons why:
- We have been in business since 1998 and have established a stable and strong financial base. Click here to see a list of the many locations where we do business.
- We have achieved consistent, double-digit growth percentages year after year.
- Our leaders, from the CEO to our local office Directors, have open door policies and care about our employees’ input, satisfaction, and professional growth.
- We do not tolerate unethical behavior or questionable business practices.
- We promote our existing employees to leadership positions whenever possible.
A great place to work starts with great employees committed to a great mission! Join us…as we continue to provide “A Better Way to Care”.
The Director of Recruiting will provide the overall direction and delivery of the talent acquisition function necessary for the organization to meet its staffing and operational needs. The Director of Recruiting is tasked with designing, implementing, and directing a best-in-class talent acquisition function and will serve as a strategic thought partner to senior leadership, HR and other functional business leaders, ensuring recruiting and sourcing strategies consistently attract top talent in all company locations and at all levels of the organization. The Director of Recruiting must have the ability and experience speaking publically and presenting to very large groups, often in excess of 500 people, at local, regional, and national events. The Director of Recruiting must have experience working with Executive level management to ensure that the company needs for staff are being addressed.
The Director of Recruiting must meet the following requirements:
Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline and/or equivalent years of experience
Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the recruiting or talent acquisition function with at least 3 years of experience at the Director level in a high growth company
- Have a sound knowledge of HR-related federal and state laws and regulations regarding employment and Equal Opportunity employment
- Have a significant level of exposure to the process of developing, building and leading a highly productive talent acquisition function
- Have knowledge of regularly used internet-based recruiting applications and sources
- Be proficient in use of computers, software applications, the internet, and in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
Be organized and able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
Be capable of multitasking while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor
Be adept at communicating with a broad range of individuals and possess excellent customer service skills
- Experience with 3rd party applicant tracking software programs, HRIS programs, and implementation and management of those programs
- A good understanding of home health and hospice operations is preferred.
- Solid understanding of sourcing techniques and tools (e.g. social networks)
- Occasional Travel required