Encompass Health Careers
Physical Therapy Assistant - Home Health - Work Life Balance
Division: Home Health
Patient Coverage Area: Eddy County
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection?
Encompass Health is growing and we are seeking a Full Time Physical Therapist Assistant to join our dynamic Home Health team.
At Encompass Health, we believe integrated care delivery for post-acute services across the healthcare continuum is critical to achieving the best outcomes for patients. We can provide a seamless transition of care between inpatient and home-based care that adapts fluidly and helps our patients get back to their lives.
We are stronger together and empower our therapists to be the connection by fostering a positive culture of inclusivity and collaboration.
Consistently ranked as a top Best-Place-To-Work in the communities we serve, we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive to you so that meaningful, measurable differences can be made in the lives of our patients.
At Encompass Health, our Physical Therapy Assistant will work under the direction of our Physical Therapists and treat patients with physical impairments through the use of physical modalities. This includes:
- Assist the supervising therapist in the modifications to the Plan of Care.
- Assist the supervising therapist in evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
- Assist persons who are physically challenged to improve mobility and function, independent self-care, other skills necessary for functioning in daily living.
- Direct and aid patients in active and passive exercise, muscle re-education; as well as gait, functional, ADL, transfer, and prosthetic training.
In return, your personal goals can be achieved because we continually invest in you by offering tools, resources and benefits to help keep you happy and healthy. Subject to employee eligibility, some perks include:
- State-of-the-art resources and tools for secure, compliant, reliable and organized communication between patients and their care team
- Generous Paid Time Off plans for full-time employees.
- Web-based education and online instruction to increase knowledge and competency.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
- Be currently licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant - PTA in the state of employment.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of home health experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and auto insurance.